Thursday, May 26, 2011

worm composting

After taking a class at the botanical garden and making our own worm bin, we now have one thousand new pets. Instead of taking our food scraps out to the compost bin, we now feed our worms instead. I have learned that I am not a good composter - I never turn the outside bin, never add brown matter, and therefore never get to add any of it to the garden. When I saw this class, I decided that having worms do the work would not only benefit our garden, but could provide hours of entertainment for the kids. So far, they're happy to help feed the worms and they like the idea of having so many little pets.


1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to bring some of those big worms up to our house when you visit so we can catch some monster fish! Grandpop Carson

    ReplyDelete