Friday, September 2, 2011

our mud kitchen

My newest project idea (and construction request for Brian) is a mud kitchen. We had the shelving, and I found the rest of it at a local re-use store, The Scrap Exchange. It's the kind of the place where you can spend hours, wandering around, scratching your head, and you either figure it out or you don't. This project was perfect for what the store has to offer, and I left with a pile of stuff (for only $11.23). I'm still patting myself on the back for that one.

We put it together a few weekends ago, and it's been a hit. The timing was good, with the weather cooling off a bit, allowing for more comfortable backyard play. It's much dirtier now, due to all of the wonderful dishes prepared and served. (We've had lots of fun with this kitchen.) I've learned along the way that dirt, sand, and water are really all you need to keep everyone happy.

The last picture shows shutters that the kids painted and that Brian will attach eventually, after I get around to sealing them.


1 comment: