Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Additions

We've been busy the last few weeks - some of which has been time spent creating new additions in the yard. First, we have a fort for the kids, which was underused until I threw some towels down. Now they very happily play house in it for extended periods of time, exactly what I had hoped would happen. I've added some vines on the sides, and maybe one day the trellis will be covered. Note the neon green string - doesn't blend in so well does it? The color was Sarah's suggestion. She thought it looked pretty at the store, but later decided it looked better on the spool than on the fort . . .


Next, we added two raised beds, with one currently used as a veggie garden, including peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, beans (Dad - take note - I'm trying them, even though I probably won't like them!), herbs, watermelon, and cantaloupe. (I may be a little ambitious/naive, but we'll see what happens!) The other will house sunflowers, just because they're pretty and we like them. I'll add pictures when we add the fence and trellis, which may or may not get installed tomorrow, depending on how much fun we're having doing other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment