Sunday, March 6, 2011

monkey bars = daredevil

Last weekend, while Brian went mountain biking, Sarah gathered up her courage and swung across the monkey bars. This was her first attempt - and it was a very successful one. After a couple of tries, she made it all the way across and then said, "Mommy, I'm so proud of myself!" She was really surprised that she could do it, which made this small accomplishment feel big.

We returned to parks three more times since then, because she wanted to practice her new skill. Something else - she keeps asking me (and her friends at school too, I've learned) if she's a daredevil. I guess she's decided that swinging across monkey bars makes her brave and reckless. I keep explaining that being a daredevil isn't necessarily a good thing. And, if she were to see exactly what mountain biking is and why her dad loves it, I'm almost certain that my words about caution would not win her over.


3 comments:

  1. way to go supergirl! Grandpop Carson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a daredevil is AWESOME!!! Just like wearing your shoes on the wrong feet is AWESOME...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpop, I added another sentence at the end that I'm sure you'll appreciate. I meant to add it last night, but didn't. And Dana, I don't know about being a daredevil, but shoes on the wrong feet is ONLY awesome if you're two and have hair that sticks straight up in the air. It just works.

    ReplyDelete