Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Finding Balance

I'm enjoying my entry into the work world, and there are many moments in each week that I feel so fortunate to have this opportunity. At times, I can hardly believe my luck - I get to work with plants, and to support others' introduction to growing food. How amazing is that? At this point in my life, I don't think I could find a better fit.

But that doesn't mean I'm finding this transition easy. To put it bluntly - eight hours of manual labor makes me tired. And it makes me miss my kids. I feel torn and unsure about whether this opportunity is the best choice for our family. For the most part, Sarah and Eric are adjusting well, but when they have long days, we all feel their exhaustion. Brian is incredibly supportive - but I know he's tired too.

We're all adjusting, learning about how to find time and space to continue to do what we love, as well as learning to let go, when those things we love don't happen as often. This new life is more demanding, but we're working through it, and I hope that (for the most part) we'll be better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment