Friday, May 15, 2009

Australian Animals



My friend asked me to make something for two newborn girls, whose mom is from Australia. We talked about animals that could be used and we both decided that it would be more unique to have animals that aren't quite so stereotypically Australian. I did lots of research and here's what I found out about Australian animals. First, there are a lot of rodents indigenous to Australia, and most of them are not that cute. Second, most of the cute ones are carnivorous, and therefore not really that sweet for a girl's nursery. Third, there are a lot of really pretty, colorful birds that look like they belong in the Amazon jungle of South America. Fourth, the cassowary (a bird) can "eviscerate a human" their toe claws. Gross!! Really!? Needless to say, but after learning all of this fascinating stuff, I decided to play it safe and went with koalas and kangaroos.

No comments:

Post a Comment