Thursday, August 19, 2010

big kid best friends

One more post about our recent trip is required. And that's because Eric and Sarah mention at least once a day that they plan to move to both Missouri and Iowa when they grow up. Why? Because that's where the big kids live. As Sarah put it the other day, "They're my big kid best friends." They keep asking when we'll go back to Iowa, and when I reply, "sometime," they make it clear that "right now" would be the better answer. I've got to say, if I were Sarah or Eric, I'd want to be there too. The "big kids" - Jason, Cody, Ashley, Alaina, Blair, and Alijah - were so good to them. I was beyond impressed with the attention they paid and the time they spent playing with my kids. Not to mention that they are all really good, interesting people. That's more than I can say for my younger self. I can't wait to see what they all do . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment