Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm obsessed . . .

I can't stop taking pictures of butterflies (and a couple of bees, too.) I'll spare you the rest - for each butterfly, there are at least five more photos. The reason is twofold - first, I'd like to identify who comes to our garden and second, they're so pretty. Maybe we'll add a new photo display somewhere in the house . . .
(Above - We think this may be one of our released painted lady butterflies, at least we hope it is.) (Above - from NC Museum of Life and Science)
(Above - from Duke Gardens)

1 comment:

  1. We found your photos through a Google Alert for our museum's name. They're wonderful.

    I'm not sure if you need any help with identification, but we're happy to chime if you ever need any help with the visitors you find in your yard. We also have lots of pictures of our butterflies on our Flickr Butterfly Keeper project.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ncmls/collections/72157623202743284/

    ReplyDelete