Friday, July 2, 2010

Sandy Hook - Another View

After Brian saw the blog posting last night, he noted that there were lots of nice pictures. But then he suggested that maybe I should have included some other noteworthy images as well. In his own words, "Why didn't you include any pictures of the girls in the thongs?" However tantalizing this may sound, I assure you, it was not. Granted, the girls were young, not like the beer-bellied grandpa we saw frollicking in the waves, wearing a speedo. (Good for him, but I turned away rather quickly.) Sadly though, I would not describe them as being anywhere near "in shape".

On one hand, I was impressed with their lack of self-conciousness. (Really, I was impressed. I've always been self-conscious in swimsuits, perhaps with no need to be, and I truly admire women who aren't.) On the other hand, I was totally bewildered as to how they would have ever thought dental floss would look good on such large frames. While we were having a snack break nearby, I noted, "It's like a train wreck, you just have to look."

Please understand - I would've been critical even if they had great bodies, and probably even more so. And Brian's comment would've meant something entirely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment