Sunday, July 25, 2010

la petite artiste

Sarah went to a summer art camp taught by her preschool teacher, and I'm quite late in sharing all of her hard work. They took field trips each day and found inspiration at the co-op grocery store, the library, in nature, and at the chocolate shop, where they were treated to popsicles. In the photo below, Sarah's wearing her popsicle shirt for that occasion!
(above) This was a cooperative project, and each day the kids donated some change to the Red Cross to benefit the relief efforts in Haiti. Sarah kept talking about the hurricane that happened there, and we kept clarifying that it was an earthquake. She felt really good about being able to help.
Sarah's showcase - information about herself included: My name is Sarah. I like nature. I like butterflies. I am going to Grady A. Brown. I like to go to Nana and Grandpop's. I like to visit Grandma and Grandpa. I like Ms. Nancy.
(inspired by Kandinsky)
(my favorite!! surprised?)
(inspired by Wegman)
(inspired by Warhol)
(inspired by Charleston rowhouses, used permanent markers and watercolors)
(inspired by Van Gogh's "Starry Night" - I think this was Sarah's favorite.)
(used pastels and watercolors)

No comments:

Post a Comment